|Responsible for the overall direction, supervision, coordination, and evaluation of helpers, laborers, and/or material movers. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.|
|Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:|
1. Maintain a safe working environment by monitoring safety procedures and equipment while effectively assigning tasks and work orders to laborers.
2. Oversee and monitor/assess the work performance of yourself and other employees to make improvements or take corrective action; properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures to ensure safety and quality work product.
3. Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by air, rail, sea, or road.
4. Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems; ability to identify complex problems and review related information to adapt rapidly and implement solutions.
5. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources.
6. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as Microsoft Word and Excel, billing schedule, managing files and records, preparing reports, maintaining open job files, and other processes and procedures.
7. Prepare and maintain work records/reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily field tickets, or inspection results.
8. Strong knowledge of relevant safety policies and procedures; enforce safety policies/ procedures to promote a safe work environment for the protection of clients, employees, and the public.
9. Interpret meaning of information to others; explain rules, policies, procedures or regulations to others; explain and demonstrate work tasks and techniques to new workers or assign training tasks to experienced workers.
10. Conduct or attend staff meetings; collaborate with others to communicate with managerial and supervisory personnel.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS|
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. A valid state driver’s license with Class A CDL endorsement with no active violations within the previous 3 years required
2. HAZWOPER certification preferred
3. High School Diploma or GED, preferred but not required
4. Understanding of business principles and practices
5. Knowledge of materials, methods, equipment & tools involved in remediation services
6. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
7. Excellent oral communication skills
8. Problem solving and analytical skills
|POSITION REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS|
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Highly technical work with the possibility of extremely prolonged periods working in extreme temperatures and high-stress situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 75 pounds. The employee will be exposed to extreme seasonal temperatures, both very hot and very cold. The employee will be exposed to contaminants, hazardous conditions, and hazardous equipment. The employee will be exposed to whole body vibration and sounds, with noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable at times. The employee will be exposed to cramped workspace, awkward positions, and sometimes very confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE & EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Employees will be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with overtime eligibility.
Travel is expected for this position. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.