The safety manager must review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations that may lead to human injury and/or property damage. This role must apply advanced environmental safety practices; mathematical techniques; professional principles, methods and techniques; safety-related elements of the physical sciences, ergonomics, psychology and physiology; and safety principles, standards, practices and analytical techniques.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Assist in identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of environmental safety knowledge, skill and abilities.
- May advise on structural safety requirements based on failure mode analysis of such factors as fatigue, stability, stress, concentration and creep; develop and apply methods for the safe environment for emergency response, compressed gases; design protective equipment or safety devices for machines and redesign machines and plant equipment to eliminate occupational hazards; and/or review proposed occupational safety policies, guidelines and standards to determine their consistency with accepted engineering principles and practices and recommend technical changes as needed.
- Apply knowledge of psychological and physiological factors to assist in the design of safety features and controls, compensating for the possibility of human errors in the operation of machinery and equipment in hazard environments.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
This position has limited supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 75 pounds. The employee will be exposed to extreme seasonal temperatures, both very hot and very cold. The employee will be exposed to contaminants, hazardous conditions, and hazardous equipment. The employee will be exposed to whole body vibration and sounds, with noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable at times. The employee will be exposed to cramped work space, awkward positions, and sometimes very confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employees will be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with overtime eligibility.
Travel can be expected for this position. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A valid state driver’s license with Class A CDL endorsement with no active violations within the previous 3 years required
- HAZWOPER certification preferred
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred but not required
- Understanding of business principles and practices
- Knowledge of materials, methods, equipment & tools involved in remediation services
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The Company is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law. The Company believes in and practices equal opportunity and affirmative action. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action and assisting the Company in meeting its objectives.
Mission: To be a trusted partner for our clients. We will deliver first-class environmental services with a sense of urgency and an uncompromising commitment to safety.
Vision: To be the environmental services company most respected for its people, quality
Service, partnership, and commitment to safety.
E3 Environmental is a full-service emergency response, remediation, and industrial cleaning company based in Jackson, MS with offices in Mobile, AL; Little Rock, AR; Laredo, TX; Southaven, MS; Clinton, MS; Shreveport, LA; Paducah, KY; Pensacola, FL; and El Dorado, AR. We have unmatched coverage capabilities along the Mississippi River corridor. We specialize in “turn key” solutions for all your environmental and industrial needs, with a focus on the maritime industry including, but not limited to, Marine Fire Fighting, Barge Cleaning, and Spill Response. The most important resource available to our clients is our staff of qualified, experienced environmental professionals, dedicated to providing solutions of high value consistently with a commitment to safety, reliability and the long-term growth and success of the company. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, 401(k) with match, full family medical, dental, vision, and group term life insurance coverage for employee and dependents, with additional supplemental policies available.