Responsible for operating a variety of heavy equipment used in construction and maintenance of large site jobs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Operates heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in site construction and preparation.
- Properly follows company and OSHA safety procedures. Brings problems to the attention of the foreman, supervisor, site safety supervisor.
- Follows daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job training classes.
- Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on equipment; cleans equipment.
- Assists lower-level employees with performing the assigned duties and tasks as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Learning Orientation
- Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 75 pounds. The employee will be exposed to extreme seasonal temperatures, both very hot and very cold. The employee will be exposed to contaminants, hazardous conditions, and hazardous equipment. The employee will be exposed to whole body vibration and sounds, with noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable at times. The employee will be exposed to cramped work space, awkward positions, and sometimes very confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employees will be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with overtime eligibility.
Travel can be expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A valid state driver’s license with Class A CDL endorsement with no active violations within the previous 3 years required
- HAZWOPER certification preferred
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred but not required
- Understanding of business principles and practices
- Knowledge of materials, methods, equipment & tools involved in remediation services
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The Company is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law. The Company believes in and practices equal opportunity and affirmative action. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action and assisting the Company in meeting its objectives.
Mission: To be a trusted partner for our clients. We will deliver first-class environmental services with a sense of urgency and an uncompromising commitment to safety.
Vision: To be the environmental services company most respected for its people, quality
Service, partnership, and commitment to safety.
E3 Environmental is a full-service emergency response, remediation, and industrial cleaning company based in Jackson, MS with offices in Mobile, AL; Little Rock, AR; Laredo, TX; Southaven, MS; Clinton, MS; Shreveport, LA; Paducah, KY; Pensacola, FL; and El Dorado, AR. We have unmatched coverage capabilities along the Mississippi River corridor. We specialize in “turn key” solutions for all your environmental and industrial needs, with a focus on the maritime industry including, but not limited to, Marine Fire Fighting, Barge Cleaning, and Spill Response. The most important resource available to our clients is our staff of qualified, experienced environmental professionals, dedicated to providing solutions of high value consistently with a commitment to safety, reliability and the long-term growth and success of the company. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, 401(k) with match, full family medical, dental, vision, and group term life insurance coverage for employee and dependents, with additional supplemental policies available.
Apply for this job
For employment opportunities, you may apply online or download the appropriate form and submit it to: email@example.com
- DOT Application is for all applicants with a Commercial Driver’s License.
- Non-DOT Application is for all applicants who do not currently have a Commercial Driver’s License.