|Responsible for operating a variety of heavy equipment used in construction and maintenance of large site jobs.|
|Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Operates heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in site construction and preparation.
2. Properly follows company and OSHA safety procedures. Brings problems to the attention of the foreman, supervisor, site safety supervisor.
3. Follows daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job training classes.
4. Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on equipment; cleans equipment.
5. Assists lower-level employees with performing the assigned duties and tasks as required.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS|
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. A valid state driver’s license with Class A CDL endorsement with no active violations within the previous 3 years required
2. 40 Hr HAZWOPER certification, with current 8 Hr Refresher preferred
3. High School Diploma or GED, preferred but not required
4. Understanding of business principles and practices
5. Knowledge of materials, methods, equipment & tools involved in remediation services
6. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
7. Excellent oral communication skills
8. Problem solving and analytical skills
|POSITION REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS|
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Highly technical work with the possibility of extremely prolonged periods working in extreme temperatures and high-stress situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 75 pounds. The employee will be exposed to extreme seasonal temperatures, both very hot and very cold. The employee will be exposed to contaminants, hazardous conditions, and hazardous equipment. The employee will be exposed to whole body vibration and sounds, with noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable at times. The employee will be exposed to cramped workspace, awkward positions, and sometimes very confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE & EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Employees will be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with overtime eligibility.
Travel is expected for this position. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.