Exempt, Incentive Plan Eligible
The estimator is responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required by client’s documents and provides complete conceptual and total bid price.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates and understands scope of work to bid.
- Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates.
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
- Creates job folders
- Executes take-offs of service documents.
- Inputs take-offs into computer spreadsheet.
- Obtains pricing for materials.
- Obtains bids from subcontractors.
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Makes an estimate where predetermined standard(s) are not available.
- Informs immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Photocopies documents and plans.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel will be expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
- At least 5-8 years’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Understanding of business principles and practices
- Knowledge of materials, methods, equipment & tools involved in remediation services
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
Additonal Eliginility Qualifications
None required for this position.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The Company is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law. The Company believes in and practices equal opportunity and affirmative action. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action and assisting the Company in meeting its objectives.
Mission: To be a trusted partner for our clients. We will deliver first-class environmental services with a sense of urgency and an uncompromising commitment to safety.
Vision: To be the environmental services company most respected for its people, quality service, partnership, and commitment to safety.
E3 Environmental is a full-service emergency response, remediation, and industrial cleaning company based in Jackson, MS with offices in Mobile, AL; Little Rock, AR; Laredo, TX; Southaven, MS; Clinton, MS; Shreveport, LA; Paducah, KY; Pensacola, FL; and El Dorado, AR. We have unmatched coverage capabilities along the Mississippi River corridor. We specialize in “turn key” solutions for all your environmental and industrial needs, with a focus on the maritime industry including, but not limited to, Marine Fire Fighting, Barge Cleaning, and Spill Response. The most important resource available to our clients is our staff of qualified, experienced environmental professionals, dedicated to providing solutions of high value consistently with a commitment to safety, reliability and the long-term growth and success of the company. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, 401(k) with match, full family medical, dental, vision, and group term life insurance coverage for employee and dependents, with additional supplemental policies available.
Apply for this job
For employment opportunities, you may apply online or download the appropriate form and submit it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DOT Application is for all applicants with a Commercial Driver’s License.
- Non-DOT Application is for all applicants who do not currently have a Commercial Driver’s License.