TITLE: Administrative Assistant
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Part-Time, Temporary
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
INITIATIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for overseeing a well-organized office and maintaining a high level of professional disposition in greeting guests and visitors both in person and on the phone. Responsible for managing phone lines and routing calls. Assists with various administrative tasks, including but not limited to, ordering supplies, creating shipments, ensuring accuracy with daily field tickets, issuing and reconciling purchase order numbers, processing AP/AR invoices, and other related work as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Greet customers and visitors in a professional manner.
- Manage multiple phone lines in a professional manner, route phone calls to various personnel.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail; create shipments requests for the division;
- Ensure accuracy with data entry; issue PO’s to division personnel; Process AP bills for payment; Reconcile PO list monthly; accrue monthly expenses and purchase orders not yet received or billed for.
- Complete various administrative tasks for the division, including but not limited to, assisting with data entry, reviewing daily field tickets for errors, importing invoices into accounting system, transmitting invoices to the customer.
- Assists Office Manager with filing of vehicle maintenance files, vehicle logs, etc.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality of company information as it relates to banking, customer, and vendor files.
- Maintains a tidy and organized workspace and supply area; Orders supplies as needed.
- Purchases office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
Performs other related work as required to support the division.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Computer literacy at an intermediate to an advanced level including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat preferred but not required
- Understanding of business principles and practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Sound judgement and decision making
- Time management
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in administrative role.
- Experience in a fast-paced working environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, FedEx and UPS.
- Working knowledge of chart of accounts and allocations.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Understanding of business principles and practices
Problem solving and analytical skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
POSITION TYPE & EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Travel is not expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The Company is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law. The Company believes in and practices equal opportunity and affirmative action. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action and assisting the Company in meeting its objectives.
Mission: To be a trusted partner for our clients. We will deliver first-class environmental services with a sense of urgency and an uncompromising commitment to safety.
Vision: To be the environmental services company most respected for its people, quality
Service, partnership, and commitment to safety.
E3 Environmental is a full-service emergency response, remediation, and industrial cleaning company based in Jackson, MS with offices in Mobile, AL; Little Rock, AR; Laredo, TX; Southaven, MS; Clinton, MS; Shreveport, LA; Paducah, KY; Pensacola, FL; and El Dorado, AR. We have unmatched coverage capabilities along the Mississippi River corridor. We specialize in “turn key” solutions for all your environmental and industrial needs, with a focus on the maritime industry including, but not limited to, Marine Fire Fighting, Barge Cleaning, and Spill Response. The most important resource available to our clients is our staff of qualified, experienced environmental professionals, dedicated to providing solutions of high value consistently with a commitment to safety, reliability and the long-term growth and success of the company. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, 401(k) with match, full family medical, dental, vision, and group term life insurance coverage for employee and dependents, with additional supplemental policies available.