The project manager position is responsible for representing the company with clients and consultants on virtually any range of subjects related to performance of work and for making decisions on behalf of the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Directs team members (employees and consultants) at all levels of contract administration.
- Controls any number of projects at various stages of work. Reviews records of accounts and inputs entries into to proper accounts.
- Consults with clients to determine needs regarding emergency response, specifications, scope of work, materials, equipment, estimated costs and time.
- Plans layouts of projects and integrates various elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Details any type of work. Prepares documents for clients.
- Represents company in obtaining bids and contracts.
- Administers service agreements and conducts periodic onsite observation of work to monitor compliance with work plans.
- Prepares studies and reports.
- Prepares project proposals and plans using computer with Word and Excel Software.
- Directs activities of workers engaged in preparing plans and specification documents.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Project Management
- Results Driven
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Judgement & Decision Making
- Computer Proficiency
Directly supervises three to eight employees and consultants involved in each project. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 75 pounds. The employee will be exposed to extreme seasonal temperatures, both very hot and very cold. The employee will be exposed to contaminants, hazardous conditions, and hazardous equipment. The employee will be exposed to whole body vibration and sounds, with noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable at times. The employee will be exposed to cramped work space, awkward positions, and sometimes very confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employees will be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with overtime eligibility. Due to the nature of the job, the employee must be available on-call early/late hours to deal with delays, bad weather and emergencies at the job site.
Travel can be expected for this position. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected. The employee may travel extensively when the construction site is not close to the main office or when responsible for activities at two or more sites.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A valid state driver’s license with Class A CDL endorsement with no active violations within the previous 3 years required
- HAZWOPER certification preferred
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred but not required
- Understanding of business principles and practices
- Knowledge of materials, methods, equipment & tools involved in remediation services
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The Company is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law. The Company believes in and practices equal opportunity and affirmative action. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action and assisting the Company in meeting its objectives.
Mission: To be a trusted partner for our clients. We will deliver first-class environmental services with a sense of urgency and an uncompromising commitment to safety.
Vision: To be the environmental services company most respected for its people, quality
Service, partnership, and commitment to safety.
E3 Environmental is a full-service emergency response, remediation, and industrial cleaning company based in Jackson, MS with offices in Mobile, AL; Little Rock, AR; Laredo, TX; Southaven, MS; Clinton, MS; Shreveport, LA; Paducah, KY; Pensacola, FL; and El Dorado, AR. We have unmatched coverage capabilities along the Mississippi River corridor. We specialize in “turn key” solutions for all your environmental and industrial needs, with a focus on the maritime industry including, but not limited to, Marine Fire Fighting, Barge Cleaning, and Spill Response. The most important resource available to our clients is our staff of qualified, experienced environmental professionals, dedicated to providing solutions of high value consistently with a commitment to safety, reliability and the long-term growth and success of the company. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, 401(k) with match, full family medical, dental, vision, and group term life insurance coverage for employee and dependents, with additional supplemental policies available.
Apply for this job
For employment opportunities, you may apply online or download the appropriate form and submit it to: email@example.com
- DOT Application is for all applicants with a Commercial Driver’s License.
- Non-DOT Application is for all applicants who do not currently have a Commercial Driver’s License.